In the network of science and industry, SAL offers research in the areas of Sensor Systems, RF Systems, Power Electronics, System Integration Technologies and Embedded Systems.
SAL – a great place to research.
YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishment of a dedicated research unit focusing on power electronic converter systems for broad range of fields and applications.
- Vision for long-term research opportunities in power electronics.
- Setting up and managing research projects together with a variety of industrial and academic partners.
- Definition and leading of funded research projects.
- Shaping the division research program and project portfolio together with supervisors and peers.
- Effective delegation of research questions to the right combination of SAL scientists for best team performance.
- Overall, guiding the research unit towards generation of high-quality research findings, scientific excellence, and economic impact.
- Development of power electronic hardware topologies and architectures. Focus on highly compact DC/DC and DC/AC converting systems for various fields of application with low to medium power ranges.
- Multi objective optimization techniques.
- Developing of control architectures and modulation strategies for dynamic and efficient converting systems.
- Design of magnetic components and transformers (incl. planar).
- Vision for exploiting wide-band gap semiconductors and other novel components in future power electronic systems.
- PhD degree in electrical engineering, electronics, applied physics or related fields with a specialization in power electronics.
- At least 6 years of practical experience in power electronics. Experience in a scientific environment would be beneficial.
- Expertise in power electronic hardware topologies with a focus on DC/DC converters.
- Expertise in control engineering related to power electronic systems.
- Strong scientific track record as evidenced by publications, invited lectures, etc.
- Knowledge of semiconductor physics is a plus.
- Experience with the Austrian and European funding landscape.
- Active industrial and academic network.
- Project management skills.
- Autonomous, well organized and enjoy working in a dynamic and multi-cultural team.
- Leadership qualities, the ability to inspire, promote and motivate young scientists.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Start of your employment: immediately
- Home Office possible
- € 4.- /day food allowance in restaurants / € 2.- /day in supermarkets
- Flexitime frame - Family- & Kids friendly
- Free Coffee/Milk/Tea & Fresh fruits
This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of € 80.000 based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag“) excluding bonus and depending on your experience and skills.
Silicon Austria Labs has been founded to be a top European research center for electronic-based systems. The Division Power Electronics cooperates with world leading scientific and industrial partners to provide technologies for the power electronic systems of tomorrow!
BECOME PART OF SILICON AUSTRIA LABS
The top research center for electronic based systems (EBS).
Unfold the future, unfold yourself.