We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Health & Bioresources is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Tulln (in immediate vicinity to Vienna):
Scientist (m/f/d) Food System Microbiomes
- Center for Health & Bioresources -
- You are part of the Bioresources Competence Unit, exploring biological resources such as soil, plant, air and food microbiomes for novel applications. Based on understanding as well as active interaction with multiple stakeholders, including the industry, you explore microbiome functions and develop innovative applications.
- By translating fundamental knowledge into innovative solutions, you will improve the food system and human health.
- Together with our team, you will elaborate a novel understanding of the role of microbiomes in the food system and develop approaches for microbiome-based improvement of the food system and human health.
- You will coordinate and be involved in national and international research projects as well as in customer-oriented research and contribute to our international positioning and visibility.
- With your innovative work you will obtain a further understanding on the functioning of food systems microbiomes and translate knowledge into innovations.
- You will successfully acquire research projects and represent AIT in research networks and cooperate with international research institutions.
- Your publication activities in journals and presentations at conferences as well as your networking activities will contribute significantly to the international reputation of the team.
- You will represent a competent contact person for our customers and develop technical and scientific concepts out of their requirements.
- You will contribute to the ongoing development of the research and business strategy.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*:
- Ph.D. in microbiology, molecular biology, food sciences or equivalent, ideally with post-doc experience
- Expertise in food systems microbiomes
- Experience in successfully soliciting of external funding for the projects
- Good network in the international research field of food systems microbiomes
- Enthusiasm for creative solutions and innovations, application-oriented thinking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 48.062,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online.
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?