The Faculty of Law is seeking to fill the following part-time (10%) vacancy:
Tenured academic staff in the area of global legal systems and legal pluralism
- You will lecture ‘Global legal systems’ (30 contact hours, 3 credits, first semester) and ‘Legal pluralism’ (30 contact hours, 3 credits, second semester) in the master of laws.
- You will collaborate on the master thesis ( master of laws).
- You will expand the scientific research in the area of global legal systems and legal pluralism. You will acquire and manage external funding (national and international).
- Supporting the university’s services to society will be part of your job.
Profile and requirements
- You hold the degrees of Master of Laws and Doctor of Laws on dissertation.
- You submit a vision statement for the programme component you will lecture.
The prior conditions are conditions of admissibility.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the vision of education the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have leadership skills (or the potential to develop them).
- You are able to demonstrate a CEFR C1 level of proficiency in the language of instruction (English).
- If you do not master Dutch, the administrative language of the university, you should be willing to obtain a CEFR B2 level of proficiency in Dutch. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members on an integration trajectory and offers tailor-made language coaching in compliance with Flanders’ statutory language regulations.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- a part-time position as a lecturer (or higher, depending on academic qualifications and professional experience) for a period not exceeding 3 years, with the possibility of renewal after positive evaluation and depending on the Faculty’s strategic objectives;
- the date of appointment will be 15 September 2020;
- a full time gross monthly salary for a lecturer ranging from € 4.255,06 till € 6.272,13 and for a senior lecturer from € 4.872,61 till € 7.654,80;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 9 April 2020. On application you will enclose the following documents:
- a vision statement for the programme components you will lecture.
- a letter of motivation.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form can be obtained at email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. Koen De Feyter, Tel. 0032 3 265 58 82 – firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.