HIGH TECH CAMPUS VILLACH, UROPASTRASSE 12,
9524 VILLACH, AUSTRIA
In the network of science and industry, SAL offers research in the areas of Sensor Systems, RF Systems, Power Electronics, System Integration Technologies and Embedded Systems.
SAL – a great place to research.
YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of and support with theoretical topics, analytical modelling, numerical simulations, data analysis and programming for various applications with sensing and actuating MEMS technologies (mostly focusing on magnetics, thermal, structural mechanics, and fluids) in theoretical physics and applied mathematics.
- One specific focus is the development of custom, special purpose simulation for magnetics, including magnet system design, micro-magnetics, AMR and fluxgate sensor developments and eddy current sensing.
- Industry project support with FEM simulation with ANSYS or COMSOL.
- Project management.
- A PhD degree in Theoretical physicist, applied physics, applied mathematics or similar field of study.
- At least 4 years of experience in Research & Development.
- Fundamental knowledge on semiconductor technology.
- Must have experience with analytical and numerical methods beyond the use of standard FE tools.
- Interest in the development of numerical and analytical models and their application in applied research.
- Development and analysis of sensor systems, MEMS, chips, industrial machinery, and multi-physics coupling between electromagnetic, thermal, structural mechanics and fluid simulations.
- Experience in project acquisition and customer communication.
- Fluent in English.
- German is a plus as well as knowledge in Python.
- Beginning of the employment: as soon as possible.
- This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of starting with € 52.584.- based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag“) and depending on your experience and skills.
- Flexible hours with no core time.
- Free coffee/tea/milk.
- Family/Kids friendly.
- € 4.- food allowance in restaurants / € 2.- in supermarkets
- Homeoffice possible
BECOME PART OF SILICON AUSTRIA LABS
The top research center for electronic based systems (EBS).
Unfold the future, unfold yourself.