→ Apply until 10/08/2021 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences
→ Department PP02 - Experimental psychology
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ Number of openings: 1.00
→ Reference number: 202106/PP02/DA/005
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 70% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in the field of cognitive neuroscience to support EEG research in the Department of Experimental Psychology.
- You will assist in teaching activities at the Master level. The teaching language is English.
- You will supervise Masterstudents in their exercises, internship and Master’s dissertation.
- You contribute to ad-hoc departmental duties
- You will support doctoral students and postdocs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a doctoral degree in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Neuroscience or related field. For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have extensive experience with cognitive neuroscience research using EEG
- You are familiar with the use of major software packages for the analysis of EEG data (EEGlab, Fieldtrip and/or MNE)
- You have knowledge of advanced EEG analysis techniques (like time-frequency analyses, pattern classification, etc.)
- Experience with eye tracking research is beneficial
- You are profoundly interested in methodologically supporting researchers and Master students.
- You are able to explain difficult analysis techniques to researchers who are less experienced.
- You have strong time-management and organizational skills. You can keep track of your support activities across multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are a team player and you are happy playing a supportive role in the projects that you contribute to.
- You have relevant scientific publications in (inter)national peer-reviewed academic journals that are widely disseminated.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a three-year appointment, which may be renewed once for three years at the most, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. The term of renewal begins immediately after the first term has expired. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a post-doctoral assistant at a university within the Flemish Community, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start on 1 October 2021 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP5. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 35 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your relevant scientific publications (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Wim Fias (wim.fias@UGent.be, +32 09/264 64 11).
Do you have a question? Please read our FAQ regarding the online application process.