CBmed is a center for biomarker research in medicine with headquarter in Graz. It links excellent research infrastructure, scientific expertise, medical knowledge, national and international industry partners for systematic medical biomarker research.
To strengthen our team in Graz, we are seeking to recruit an ambitious, committed
Data Scientist (f/m/d)
Data science part
- Independent biostatistical and bioinformatics analysis of complex data sets in the field of microbiome research
- Dissemination of scientific results (publications, patents, project reports, conference talks)
- Engagement in the application of grants
- Provide analytical insights for decision-making and discussion of scientific findings
Skills and Abilities:
- Master of Science in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics or equivalent with experience in microbiome research
- Knowledge on advanced biostatistical and bioinformatics analysis (Phython, R) with special focus on microbiome research methods
- Experience and understanding of clinical study design is a plus
- Careful, accurate and reliable way of working with a high degree of self-organization and independence. Open to resolving unforeseen and complex technical situations and constant learning
- Good listening, communication, and personal skills to provide understandable explanations to the staff and solve problems quickly
- Advanced spoken and written English communication skills. Good command of German is a plus
- Openness to work in an international team
You will have the opportunity to work in an international connected company, within a young, dynamic, and international team.
We offer an unlimited contract with a minimum annual salary from € 25 000 gross based on 20 hours/week. Overpayment is possible, depending on qualifications and work experience.
Start date 01.02.2023. or earlier.
CENTER FOR BIOMARKER RESEARCH IN MEDICINE
+43 316 385 28801