CBmed is a globally strong growing research company for biomarker research in medicine with its headquarter in Graz. CBmed links excellent research infrastructure, scientific expertise, medical knowledge, national and international industry partners for systematic medical biomarker research. Business language is English.
In line with the overarching vision of "Enabling applied precision medicine", CBmed will establish itself as a leading centre in cancer research.
To strengthen our team in Graz, we are seeking to recruit an ambitious, committed
Postdoctoral researcher with expertise in microbiome research and immunology (f/m/d)
- Independent design, conduct and analysis of experiments in the field of microbiome culture, anaerobic bacterial culture, cell culture, innate immunity
- Supervision of PhD students, master students, junior researcher and technicians
- Independent biostatistical and bioinformatics analysis of complex data sets
- Dissemination of scientific results (publications, patents, project reports, conference talks)
- Engagement in the application of grants
- Work closely with academic clinicians, study nurses, laboratories, and bioinformatic team
- Provide analytical insights for decision-making and discussion of scientific findings
Skills and Abilities:
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry or equivalent with experience in microbiome research
- Knowledge on advanced biostatistical and bioinformatics analysis (R, python)
- Experience and understanding of clinical study design and execution
- Experience in microbiome culture, cell culture, innate immune cell analysis
- Advanced spoken and written English communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with tight deadlines
- Openness to work in an international team
- Willingness to work with human clinical samples and human pathogens
- Stress resilience, motivational and appreciative communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility
You will have the opportunity to work in an internationally connected company, within a young, dynamic and international team.
We offer an unlimited contract with a minimum gross annual salary € 56 800.
Start date 15.10.2022
CENTER FOR BIOMARKER RESEARCH IN MEDICINE
Attn. Ms Angela Jacan, PhD
+43 316 385 28805