We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Vision, Automation & Control is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna.
Senior Scientist (m/f/d) Machine Learning
- Assistive & Autonomous Systems -
- You are part of the Autonomous Systems group working at the cutting edge of technologies for assistive & autonomous systems including environment perception, scene understanding, navigation, control and testing.
- The vast range of applications includes construction, aviation and rail as well as agriculture, robotics, logistics and special purpose machinery.
- As a member of our highly multidisciplinary team you investigate machine learning algorithms, lead and design national and European research projects.
- Within the frame of exciting and challenging research projects you implement advanced methods for sensor data analysis (camera, laser, radar, odometry, etc.).
- You evaluate new technological trends, take an active part in formulating the strategy of the Research Field “Assistive & Autonomous Systems” and implement it in operational terms.
- Participation in the scientific dissemination process and definition of research strategies in national and international committees is an integral part of your job.
- You acquire exciting research and customer projects and convince project partners of our solutions.
- You will motivate, lead and develop an interdisciplinary team of researchers.
- Your publication activities in journals and presentations at conferences as well as your network activities contribute significantly to the international reputation of the team.
- You are a competent contact person for our customers and can develop technical and scientific concepts out of their requirements.
- Your research results are valued by science and industry and will be integrated in demonstration systems, prototypes and marketable products depending on the technology readiness.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*:
- PhD in computer science, robotics, electrical engineering, physics or a related field
- Extensive knowledge and proven track record in Machine Learning, knowledge in computer vision is considered advantageous
- Several years of experience in managing complex research projects as well as proven competence in leading and developing teams in a research environment
- Very good programming skills (Python, C++ or comparable language)
- Good networking in international research and / or industry in the field of machine learning
- Strong communication, presentation and (academic) writing skills
- Very good proficiency in English; proficiency in German is advantageous but no requirement
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 55.594,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women in science is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female candidates!
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online.
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?